- Since inception, we have focused on building a world-class alternative investments platform that leads and adheres to best-in-class responsible and sustainable investing practices. We adopted the International Finance Corporation (“IFC”) Performance Standards in 2015. We have integrated ESG performance in our businesses. We strive to make a positive impact in people’s lives while preserving our planet.
- We focus on the drivers that encompass significant social, economic, political, environmental, and technological changes that have a major impact on business and society today and for decades to come. We perform extensive ESG screenings and due diligence before investing. Every investment has a clear and defined commitment towards Responsible Investing. Our investment methodology incorporates diverse parameters and is executed in a phased manner, with various checkpoints for ESG-related risk identification and management.
- We have a dedicated ESG Team and engage ESG specialists as required, but it also the responsibility of Deal Teams, including both Investment and Operations professionals, and the Board of Directors of portfolio companies, to drive the agenda as we believe that every Everstonian is a custodian of our commitment to best in class ESG standards
- Our Executive Chairman personally leads a group-wide Responsible Investing Committee that is constituted with other senior group resources to drive internal alignment and oversight and ensure continued progress in leading the way forward.
- Our investments generate positive, measurable social and/or environmental impact (alongside financial returns). Our control-oriented growth strategy, geographic and sectoral focus and focus on implementing best-in-class responsible investing practices contribute to meaningful positive environmental and social outcomes.
- We have a comprehensive Impact Management Framework, that draws linkages to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and incorporates principal elements of IFC’s Anticipated Impact Measurement and Monitoring Framework and the Impact Management Project’s Avoid-Benefit-Contribute Framework to draw distinction in outcomes for different stakeholders.
- We have an impact thesis for each of our sectors focusing on five key themes.
- We align our investments with the goals of the Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and India’s Nationally Determined Contributions, among others, which will help set the world on a path to achieving net-zero or carbon neutral by 2050. We recognize both climatic risks and opportunities. Our strategy is to help accelerate the shift to a more sustainable, low-carbon future.